Our Commitment to Health and Safety
The safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our #1 priority
As such, we are taking steps to ensure the safe delivery of eyecare to you and your family upon our re-opening. These may include, but subject to change:
- Screening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms, those exposed to COVID-19 and those who have traveled outside the United States in the last 14 days before entering our office.
- Asking that upon entering our office that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer
- We ask that if you have a properly fitting mask that you wear it to your appointment and keep it on during the duration of your time in the clinic
- Staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves and masks.
- We may adjust patient flow into the office and hence “walk-ins” will be asked to wait outside in the building lobby.
- We may ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision then we will allow one caregiver inside with the child.
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients. We will have guidelines to facilitate this request the best we can
- Waiting rooms will have chairs spaced accordingly, and every chair will be disinfected between each use
- Practices are growing more aware of common “touch points” within our office such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All instruments that patients will come in contact with will be thoroughly disinfected between each patient — this has always been done, but we ensure of the increase.
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to minimum especially in the pretesting and examination rooms whereby the doctors and staff will be at a closer proximity to you. Follow up phone calls or tele-health video
- All magazines and other peripheral items may have been removed from the office. If you do see these items, do what is comfortable for you.
- Clear, acrylic partitions have been installe in front of reception desks and dispensing areas
- Our staff will sanitize glasses that are tried on and be thoroughly cleaned with soap and water
- We will continue to run Optomaps and glaucoma testing
We appreciate your efforts and are open to your suggestions to ensure your safety.
– Drs Alan B. Schlussel and Christine Law, O.D.