Do You Suffer From Dry Eyes?
Introducing Lipiflow brought to you by
The Most Advanced and Effective Doctor Led Procedure For Miebomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD).
86% of patients with Dry Eyes have symptoms of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
What Is Lipiflow?
Lipiflow is a game changing technology that effectively rids a patient of blockages in their Meibomian Glands. Using automatic heated eyelid massage’s, the eye doctor will set constant soft pressure in pulses. These pulses of heat break down the clogged Meibomian glands. Once the glands are unclogged, oil will reach the eye and prevent tears drying out too quickly.
- Lipiflow is drug free after the initial anesthetic eye drops are administered.
- Lipiflow is a quick, eye doctor administered, 15 minute, painless procedure
- Lipiflow is FDA approved for the treatment of Dry Eyes.
- Lipiflow is shown to be both safe and effective in many peer reviewed studies.
Our Dry Eye Specialists Can Help!
Our optometrists operate one of the leading dry eye clinics in Midtown Manhattan. Our dry eye center offers advanced care for MGD, Blephiritis, Sjorgens, and Dry Eye Disease.
Based on your condition and the possible causes, our treatment in Midtown may involve one of the following courses of action:
- Finding the right brand and formulation of artificial tears or prescription eye drops.
- Prescribing Steroid Eye Drops, Antibiotics or Lubricant Inserts.
- Inserting Punctal Plugs—to plug the tear drainage ducts and keep the tear film intact on the surface of eye.
- At home warm compress therapy
- Lipiflow meibomian gland expression, an in-office procedure that opens blocked meibomian glands which produce essential oils to lubricate the eyes.
- Blephex eye lid margin and eyelash base cleaning to remove blockage.
- Medication such as Restasis and Xiidra.
- Adjusting your contact lens prescription to better lubricated and breathable contact lenses for dry eye sufferers.
- Dry eye spa in NYC
- Comprehensive advice tailored to your lifestyle including information on vitamins and nutrients, medications that cause dry eyes, external conditions and tips for at home relief.
Don’t Let Dry Eyes Get in Your Way of Life!
Lipiflow & MGD Videos
Common Questions About Lipiflow
Is Lipiflow Covered By Insurance?
At this time most vision and medical insurances do not cover treatment with Lipiflow.
How Long Does Lipiflow Treatment Last For?
Lipiflow is not a cure, rather a treatment for a chronic condition. Every patient will have a different experience largely dependent on the condition of their MGD. Patients tend to come in every 15-18 months.
What Does Lipiflow Treat?
TearScience’s LipiFlow which is also called Thermal pulsation is used to treat Meibomian Gland Dysfunction, considered the primary cause for Dry Eyes. By warming and expressing the blocked glands, the oil layer on the eye is able to function normally preventing drying out of the eyes.
What Is MGD?
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) is the condition where a blockage of the glands in your eyes does not allow for oil to reach the eyes, causing tears to dry out too quickly and leaving you feeling the effects of dry, painful, and irritated eyes.
What are the side effects of Lipiflow?
Lipiflow patients rarely experience side effects. Side effects may include stinging, inflammation, redness.
Does Lipiflow Need to Be Administered By An Ophthalmologist or Optometrist?
Lipiflow is available both through Ophthalmology and Optometry practices in the Midtown area. Pricing at Optometry practices tend to be slightly lower with no change in the quality of the treatment.