Optomap Retinal Imaging With Dr. Alan Schlussel in NYC
Dr. Alan Schlussel and his eye care offices have the new Daytona retinal imaging machines from Optos. This means better eyecare for all of our NYC eye care patients!
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. At Alan B. Schlussel we offer the optomap® Retinal Exam as an important part of our eye exams. The optomap® Retinal Exam produces an image that is as unique as you fingerprint and provides us with a wide view to look at the health of your retina. The retina is the part of your eye that captures the image of what you are looking at, similar to film in a camera.
Many eye problems can develop without you knowing. You may not even notice any change in your sight. But, diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, and other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be seen with a thorough exam of the retina.
Watch “Denise’s Story” and find out how our colleague Dr. Denise Kniefel detected a melanoma on her own eyes using the Optomap…
An optomap® Retinal Exam provides:
- Quick, easy and comfortable experience for patients.
- A scan to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your eye doctor a more detailed view than he/she can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap® image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows us to view your images each year to look for changes.
The optomap® Retinal Exam is fast, easy, and comfortable for all ages. To have the eye exam, you simply look into the device one eye at a time and you will see a comfortable flash of light to let you know the image of your retina has been taken. The optomap® image is shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you. For an appointment to have an eye exam and a Retinal Exam call Alan B. Schussel in NYC at (212) 683-2004.
For more information on the optomap® Retinal Exam, go to the Optos website.